Sunday, December 26, 2010

In for the Winter

I love semester break. As a college instructor, it allows me to get more time to sleep in (if the dogs let me), re-commit to my exercise routine (I never really left it, just don't have enough time to do as many sessions as I'd like), and cook. Since I became a vegetarian right about the time this past semester took off, I haven't had nearly as much time to experiment with new recipes this past two months and change as I'd like, and especially since my cookbook retinue has just about doubled since then as well.

Over break I plan to spotlight a few of my new favorite recipes and cookbooks, as well as hone my repetoire. This week I am planning to cook through several recipes of seitan and compare, as well as start working on a little project of mine... collecting all my favorite, regular recipes in a binder for easy access. Each recipe has to be time tested (cooked at least 3 times) before landing a slot.

Today I'm making my favorite veggie split pea soup, a recipe from Robin Robertson's Vegetarian's Meat and Potatoes Cookbook, with a side of Brussels sprouts. Mmmmm. Both of these are new favorites from this year as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment