Friday, August 19, 2011

Procrastination

I meant to make the whole wheat bread from Amy Pennington's Urban Pantry on Monday night. And on Tuesday night. And Wednesday night. And last night. I meant to let it rise in the fridge over night, and rise a second time in the morning, bake it and use it to make skinny Elvis sandwiches from Peas and Thank You, a lovely concoction of strawberries with a new take on Elvis' peanut butter and bananas in a sandwich.

Yet as each night wore on, I cleaned up after the messes of dinner and settled in to my evenings. As it got later, my commitment to mixing the bread dough together waned. I went to bed each night without making the bread, but since my strawberries were headed south, I needed to use them. So I used a corn tortilla instead. This made the sandwiches a little dry, but they were yummy nonetheless. I can imagine the sandwich filling being much more satisfying on a moister slice of bread cut in half and folded over.

Instead of 56 and 57, this only makes 56.

Perhaps I will put the bread together tonight?

2 comments:

  1. Isn't summer for as long as it is hot?
    So you have A LOT of time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My self-imposed deadline was originally Labor Day (or the start of my school year, which was this week), but I think I might be able to manage by the "official" end of the summer around the 21st.

    ReplyDelete