Monday, May 30, 2011

100 Recipes of Summer


This picture shows just about half of the new cook books I have bought or received as gifts over the course of the last year. I am not kidding when I say that I have an addiction to cookbooks.
It's not as if I don't cook out of them; there are a lot of new recipes I've tried over the course of a year. When I get a new one, I mark them through by placing post-its on the pages where there are recipes I want to try. However, after discovering one or two recipes that I really like, I usually move on to another of my new cook books. Or I keep cooking the recipes that I like instead of trying too many new ones.
So now it is summer, and my work load is much smaller than during the school year. I also tend to waste away a good amount of time over the summer. This is why I have assigned myself a mission. I will be cooking 100 recipes from my cookbooks that I have not cooked before over the course of the summer. I will also be posting about those recipes, and taking pictures. I will review them and post my thoughts on them on the website. I think I will also grade them as well; A will be for a new favorite, F for something of which I couldn't finish eating a single serving. I'll also let you know where they come from so that you can make your own as well.
Happy cooking!

1 comment:

  1. I have a similar problem... lots and lots of cookbooks, not made any better by the fact that I live near a Half Price Books. I've been trying a to use post-its too, but just one book at a time.

    Also depressing? I have all these cookbooks, and then I still wind up downloading recipes off of the internet and making those!

    ReplyDelete